Outlook email is a very brilliant email service provided by Microsoft however, the popularity of the email services does not corresponds with the fact that there are no issues with the email service. There are a number of people who have experienced outbound errors in their email service because of different reasons. These primary causes for an error in the email can be because of an incorrect recipient, incorrect use of the CC or the BCC section or attaching a wrong file.
In most cases, it is possible to recall an email in Outlook to rectify the error which means that the incorrect email that you have sent will be removed from the inbox of the recipient and you can send a new email with all the correct details. There are some circumstances when you can use the process how to recall an email in Outlook that we are mentioning in the guide here to rectify the error that you have made.
What is the Procedure to Recall an Email in Outlook Email Service?
If you have made some type of mistake with the email that you have sent then, it is possible for you to remedy that particular mistake with the help of the recall feature that is present in Outlook email. However, in order to use the method that we are mentioning here, you need to make sure that you and the people you have sent the email to are on Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft 365. Another thing that you need to ensure is that the recipient should not have read the email and if he/she has read the email then, this process will not be possible.
Recalling an Email With the Help of Microsoft 365 or Exchange on Outlook
- You need to access the sent items folder in your email account and choose the email that you wish to recall.
- Now, open the file section of that particular email and proceed to open the information for the same.
- You will be able to see the section ‘Message Resend and Recall’ in which you need to choose Recall this message tab to recall outlook email.
- There will be two different options available to you from which you need to choose the one which suits you.
- Delete unread copies of the email which proceeds to delete the email present in the inbox of the recipient.
- Delete unread copies and send a new email in place which recalls the unread email by deleting it and replacing it with a new email.
- You also need to choose the option to get informed whether the recall has been successful or not to confirm whether the process has worked or not.
- Now, you just need to click on the Ok tab after which, the email service will work to recall your message and replace it with a new one depending on the option that you have chosen.
I am sure that you have understood all the details and the procedure that we have mentioned here regarding recalling an email in Outlook.
Also Read: How to Refresh Outlook Mail?